Safeway Lab Cards Fundraising Program
The Lab Cards Program is a great way to help pay for Outdoor Lab student fees and support the Outdoor Lab program!
Safeway offers reloadable gift cards you can purchase from the Foundation to use when you grocery shop or gas up. Each time you load the gift card with funds, Safeway donates 5% of the amount you load on your card to the Foundation.
We hold the funds in various accounts depending on the type of card you order:
- Student Fee Card:
- Help your school pay for a specific student’s Outdoor Lab fee. The Foundation holds 4.5% from these card loads until requested by your school to pay for the student’s fee. Any amount raised above the fee or after the school’s fundraising cut-off date is used by the Foundation to support the Outdoor Lab program as a whole (and you become part of our Community Givers Club). Cards are not transferable between students. Student fees are set by the school district and fundraising cut-off dates are chosen by the individual schools. Students in kindergarten through 6th grade are eligible to participate.
- School Scholarship Card:
- Help schools pay their Outdoor Lab bill each year. The Foundation will hold 4.5% from your card loads until the end of each school year and pay out the total donation accrued from the card to the school. You can continue to use this card year after year.
- General Fund Card:
- Help the Outdoor Lab program survive and thrive for years to come! The 5% donation on this card is credited towards our general fund to help Jeffco’s Outdoor Lab program as a whole and you become part of our Community Givers Club!
Register for Cards
The cost per card is $5 and is pre-loaded with $2.50. Cards will be mailed to the address provided on the order form. Please allow 2-3 weeks for your card(s) to arrive. When you receive your card(s), take it to your local Safeway to load it- at the check register or guest service desk.
If you are planning to order cards for multiple students at the same time, please call our office at 720-403-8241 to make your order over the phone. The online form is not set up to handle more than one student card request from the same person.
Purchase/ Register Here:
Reminders to Current Lab Card Users:
- We send out monthly email updates on your account to the first 2 email addresses tied to the student.
- We cannot track card loads in real time. We are able to update our information once a month.
- Student fees are determined by the school district in the spring, prior to the school year the student will attend Outdoor Lab. Fees vary by school. Please contact your school or the Foundation for more details.
- Card use cutoff dates vary year to year and are determined in the spring prior to the school year the student will attend Outdoor Lab.
- Safeway will deactivate cards that sit for 90 days with a zero balance. We cannot reactivate cards.
If you have questions, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org