OLF's High School Leader Scholarship
The Outdoor Lab Foundation awards students who have served as high school leaders or interns at Outdoor Lab the opportunity to apply for scholarships to further their education. We're delighted to offer not two, but three scholarships to deserving candidates this year.
Criteria to Apply- students must meet all of the following:
Student has served as a high school leader or an intern for the Jeffco Outdoor Lab Program (at Windy Peak or Mount Evans) for a minimum of one full week (or equivalent during the 2020-2021 school year).
Student is applying for admission to any private or public vocational training program, college or university and plans to begin within 12 months from the deadline (below).
- Student must have served as a high school leader or intern in recent years (past 2-3 years).
Guidelines: Scholarships will be awarded on an annual basis and disbursed to the students' designated institution in August or January of each year.
Amount: Each scholarship is $2,000. Three scholarships will be awarded to three qualified applicants.
Deadline: April 2, 2021 by 11:59 p.m.
Other Details: Scholarships are not renewable. Only students intending to begin any private or public vocational training program, college or university 12 months from the above deadline are eligible to apply. Previous scholarship recipients cannot re-apply.
Confidentiality Statement: All application materials are entirely CONFIDENTIAL to Outdoor Lab Foundation and OLF's selection committee members. All committee members sign a confidentiality agreement. Students remain anonymous to the selection committee until the final applicants are selected.
To be considered for this scholarship, please complete the application (link below). Our application is through google forms, so applicants must have a google account. Our application requires the following:
- 1 letter of recommendation from a mentor, teacher or coach unrelated to the student
- 3 essay questions (250-word minimum - 500-word maximum each)
- 3 questions regarding financial need (optional and confidential)
- Describe any circumstances influencing your ability to pay for post-secondary education that the selection committee should consider (250 words max).
- To the best of your ability, list anticipated post-secondary expenses (ex: tuition, room and board, books, and fees). Please be as specific as possible.
- To the best of your ability, list resources to pay for your anticipated post-secondary expenses (ex: grants, scholarships, work study, parent support). Please be as specific as possible.
Essay Questions (grammar and spelling are considered when reviewing applications):
Please describe the overall impact of the high school leader and/or intern program and how you believe it specifically impacted you.
What are your career goals and how will your experience as a high school leader or intern play into your future endeavors or career plans?
- What have you learned from events over the past year (ex: pandemic, social justice, political) and how have they impacted your plans for the future?
**Please note, applications CANNOT be saved in our system**
Questions or Concerns?
Please contact Mary Runkel, Director of Strategic Partnerships, at 515-238-9974 or email@example.com.