Join our team as an Outdoor Lab Ambassador
Position Description: The Outdoor Lab Ambassador (OLA) is a person who has a passion for Outdoor Lab; a unique one-week residential outdoor STEM education, and leadership experience for over 6,000 Jefferson County 6th grade students each year. OLA’s help the Outdoor Lab Foundation continue our mission to support, sustain, and advocate for this vital 61-year-old Jeffco Public Schools program.
- Support the Outdoor Lab program: Be a resource, answers questions and provide support for teachers, students, and families preparing for the Outdoor Lab experience, and serve as a liaison between your school community and the Foundation to make sure all Jeffco students have the best possible week away at Outdoor Lab.
- Advocate for Outdoor Lab: Let people know about this awesome program through social media, school information sessions, parent packets and local outreach. You’ll aid local schools in their fundraising efforts and advocate for Outdoor Lab schools across Jeffco and in your own neighborhood.
- Be an Outdoor Lab Foundation helper: Provide support to the Foundation staff with enrollment and distribution of the Lab Cards Program, marketing of the annual After Dark event, sales support in the Outdoor Lab gear store, and other projects as they come up.
A great OLA is a person who...
- Lives in Jeffco and knows the Outdoor Lab program: We’d love for you to have participated in the Outdoor Lab program as a student or are a current parent/legal guardian who can speak from the heart and from experience about Outdoor Lab.
- Committed to our community: You seek out what’s best for the schools in your area and help pull together support and awareness for schools in need. You shine a light on those doing awesome things and let parents and community members know how to get involved.
- A social butterfly and a go-getter: You know how to get the word out on social media, with your friends and neighbors and are not afraid to talk to complete strangers about the Outdoor Lab program. You can rally others to be lifelong fans and supporters of this amazing program and you can get things DONE!
- This 7-month position will serve during either the Fall (September through March) or Spring (March through September) with a good amount of downtime through the holidays and in the summer.
- In addition to an invaluable experience in a 501 c 3 non-profit organization, outdoor education, leadership and community engagement, OLAs are compensated with a $500 stipend for their term served.
- OLA’s will be asked to communicate with the Foundation staff about your monthly schedule, to work with participating schools, engage the community, and provide administrative support to the Outdoor Lab Foundation office. Hours may vary per month, as well as given tasks and responsibilities, and could involve work past 5:00 p.m.
Interested? We want to hear from you. We will be accepting applications until Saturday, March 31st. To apply please fill out the online form. You can also forward your resume or contact the Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.